The appointment letters of John Durancé George, Dental Surgeon
Writer: Duchess of Norfolk
The D'ss of Norfolk's
Compts, she wd be glad
to see Mr George
for herself & Ly. Adeliza
any day before Wednes'y
next, & any hour
between 12 & 1, or from
2½, except on
The Duchess of Norfolk was Charlotte Sophia Leveson-Gower, the daughter of George Leveson-Gower, 1st Duke of Sutherland.
She had married Henry Charles Howard, 13th Duke of Norfolk, KG, PC (1791–1856) in 1814.
Between 1829 and 1832, he was a Member of the House of Commons for the seat of Horsham.
From 1832 until 1841 he was Member for West Sussex. He also served as Master of the Horse. In 1842, he left the Commons
upon succeeding his father. In 1848 he was invested as a Knight of the Garter.
Their children were:
- Lady Adeliza Matilda Fitzalan-Howard, married in 1855 her second cousin, Lord George John Manners
- Henry Granville Fitzalan-Howard, 14th Duke of Norfolk
- Edward George Fitzalan-Howard, 1st Baron Howard of Glossop
- Lady Mary Charlotte Howard
- Lord Bernard Thomas Fitzalan-Howard